Jun 21, 2019
What it was like to get acquired with Sean McCormick and Zack
Bloom, co-founders of Covalent Media Group. Learn how these guys
created a lead gen and Pay Per Call powerhouse.
- Sean McCormick and Zack Bloom, Founders of Covalent Media
- Acquired by Subdirect Digital Media Group in February
- Client relationship grew over several years while working on
the lead gen side.
- There was a strategic fit that made sense for long-term
- Being acquired frees up time to move away from the day-to-day
startup hustle and focus on new growth opportunities.
- The acquisition process started in August 2018 and ended in
February 2019 and from offer letter to closing, approximately four
and a half months.
- Listen more than you talk. Don’t let your ego get
- Have a good accountant and bookkeeper. Stay on top of your
- Surround yourself with mentors and advisors that have your best
interest at heart.
- Be open, willing to listen to people and ask lots of
- Known each other since 8th grade and went to the University of
Rhode Island together.
- Covalent is the second company Sean and Zack have founded
- Surround yourself with knowledgeable advisors and someone to be
- It’s important to know your business partner and how they
operate under pressure.
- Covalent was founded in Sean’s dining room.
- Spent early days hustling and taking half hour walks every day
to discuss the business.
- Get out of the office with your business partner!
- Bought a call center in Texas and didn’t plan enough
post-acquisition cash flow.
- Outsourcing development for lead gen portal to an offshore firm
and nearly had to shut down their highest grossing revenue
- Strong relationships and communication skills are the
difference between success and failure.
- Pay Per Call has grown tremendously over the past 6 months and
will be a focus for Covalent in the coming years.
- Having more cash flow allows you to explore new
- Click-to-Call on desktop and Voice Search (Amazon Alexa, Google
Home) are the future of Pay Per Call.
About Covalent Media
Covalent Media Group is a full-service marketing
firm, specializing in helping brands grow their consumer base.
The Pay Per Callers Show is brought to you by Ringba Call
Tracking and Analytics. See how Ringba is inventing the future
of calls at Ringba.com.
Join the Pay Per Callers
Whether you are new to Pay Per Call or an industry veteran, we
invite you to join the free community at PayPerCallers.com.